PDA

View Full Version : NF Yuba Report 10-6-12

Ben-doc
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Been meaning to post a report since I got up there last Saturday. Fished from about 9 am to sunset, and was the only one on the river. Hooked into about 9 fish in the special regs stretch between Ladie's Canyon Creek and Sierra City, but only managed to land 3. All were probably in the 8-11" range, with one that got away maybe 13". Fiesty little fish. About half rose to a PMD or elk hair caddis dry, the other half on beadhead nymphs. Had to post a report since FishFirst said no reports of an October Caddis hatch yet, but I was there and there was a huge hatch right before sunset. A few flying around from about 5 pm on, but most of the action between 6:15 and 6:45. Fish wouldn't rise to the #4 stimulator, which was, by the way, much smaller than the caddis, but I'm pretty sure most of them couldn't have even fit them in their mouths!

All in all it was a beautiful day and tons of fun. Driving home on those curvy roads when one is tired and it is dark is not fun, but it was still worth it. Get out there before it's too late!