PDA

View Full Version : New Baja Video

Jay Murakoshi
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Just finished and posted to vimeo. This was filmed last week with very little footage to use.
Seems that people can't put the rod down and film when someone else is hooked up :-)
This is why I out without a rod, just camera's

October 2012
http://vimeo.com/51248559

Enjoy it. A central valley video will be coming up. Just gotta finish shooting some video footage

Jay

Darian
10-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Sure wish I could've made the trip. Got a kick out of the Rainbow Runner. Renee caught one several trips ago. Seems like the women catch all of those. It looks like you guys really had some fun. Oh well.... June 2013. :D

Jay Murakoshi
10-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Damn, I just noticed in the scrolling introduction, the year is noted as Oct. 2013. Must of been half asleep when I made that.
To answer a couple questions I used a Canon G12 and a GoPro Hero2 HD with a WiFi set up.
Not taking any of my expensive video cameras to baja. First, the customs agents look at you like "AHHH, he's here for a business trip, let's hammer him with a tax. Second, the salt water is corrodding all the little screws in the lens hoods, etc....

Thanks for viewing

Jay

FISHEYE
10-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Jay, nice video and nice to see all of that green. Did you guys get any tuna? Looking forward to my next trip.

Jay Murakoshi
10-13-2012, 05:37 PM
The tuna was hit and miss, well we missed. One boat hooked up on a wahoo but only a short time before biting the tippet. They did catch a marlin on the last day.
I heard the day after, the conventional guys did well on dorado up to 30lbs. We had shots at some big bulls but they wouldn't get aggressive
Lot's of bait, hopefully it will be there in May, June July
Oh yeah, we did see one big rooster probably around 50lbs at the lighthouse. Not interested in eating

I can't wait for next year..... hot weather, hot fishing

jay