PDA

View Full Version : New ODC 435 Ultralight

DFrink
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Anyone have one of these? This is just what I've been looking for, may have to pull the plug before spring, won't have time this fall :( . I have an Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe that I would be selling to replace with this tube, but wasn't sure about reviews for the ODC model? Considering the weight, and most importantly the packable size, this thing looks pretty sweet.

http://creekcompany.com/product.php?productid=16305

SHigSpeed
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone have one of these? This is just what I've been looking for, may have to pull the plug before spring, won't have time this fall :( . I have an Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe that I would be selling to replace with this tube, but wasn't sure about reviews for the ODC model? Considering the weight, and most importantly the packable size, this thing looks pretty sweet.

http://creekcompany.com/product.php?productid=16305

Item #435, but the model is a 420. Blueracer has the lightweight which I identical to this boat save for it comes standard with foam seats. I like this one a lot, especially the color!

I'd keep the Outcast though and use this one for packing only as the bottom is NOT coated with PVC to save weight but with heavy use you may wear out the fabric sooner than you'd like.

For the ultimate in pack weight savings I'd unstitch the pockets and lose the backrest and make a silnylon stripping apron to maybe shave another pound or two and some bulk. ;)

_SHig

DFrink
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
SHig,

So the ultralight is identical to the lightweight, only it has inflatable seats? I think I read that my outcast inflatable seats will fit into the ODC lihgtweight, you know anything about this? If this is the case than I will keep my Outcast and just buy a used lightweight and share the seats between the two (best of both worlds).

SHigSpeed
10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
SHig,

So the ultralight is identical to the lightweight, only it has inflatable seats? I think I read that my outcast inflatable seats will fit into the ODC lihgtweight, you know anything about this? If this is the case than I will keep my Outcast and just buy a used lightweight and share the seats between the two (best of both worlds).

I'm pretty sure the Outcast seats do fit in the ODC. I think you have a good plan. I've seen recently the Lightweight combo sell for $130ish on eBay.

_SHig