PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday

Jay Murakoshi
10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
It's Friday here in La Paz and we just returned from dinner and the last night here.
Today I fished with Joan Reem, Steve's wife. He left for Mich. this morning for some kind of reunion. Started out around Punta Perico and got into a short skippie bite, we needed one to drag behind the boat. So Joan did the honors and caught the first skippie. We then head south towards Boca del Alamo to find the dorado. The first place we stopped a bunch on peanut dorado were there. Caught a couple then went searching for bigger ones.
We saw Ramon and his people hooked up on skippies so we motored down there for a few.
I actually broke down and hooked and landed ONE around 11 lbs on an 8wt. Joan went banana's and caught 4 or 5. I watched and filmed from the bow. Then we heard Ramon on the radio telling us that they were into the doardo. We soon hit the area and found dorado busting all over the place. Joan hooked up on two of them and the action was so fast, I lost count on how many I had - I think 2. Ann and Eric who were in Ramon's boat had 8 and I don't know what there final number was. They also had a a wahoo grab but lost it and they landed a marlin around 85lbs.
Right before we ended, Joan hooked up on a decent size dorado and "farmed" it. The line got
wrapped around the reel and popped the leader at the loop to twisted leader connection.
The conventional guys had a so-so day, some got fish, some got the big 0. Although they did catch a couple wahoo and two sails

All in all, I'd say we had a good trip, HOT to warm days, very little wind, lot's of humidity for this time of year. I'm putting together a 15 minute video that will go posted to my Vimeo account

Jay

Still taking sign ups for the spring fishing. Check out my web site www.bajaflyfishingadventures.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-05-2012, 08:56 PM
TGIF......

Went with Jay in early June some years back.

That is a great, affordable trip......