PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport

jbird1933
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Anybody know of any decent camping spots or lodging in or near Bridgeport? I've camped on Masonic rd. near the dam, but looking for something slightly better than a gravel road.
thanks

rouleur35
10-04-2012, 08:29 PM
depending on when they close for the season, options on the way up to twin lakes and options on 180; both have rivers with fish as well

tom

head1st
10-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Try green creek campground. It's off 395 near the Bodie exit. You can camp next to green Creek under some ponderosa pines. Also trumbull lake campground next to Virginia lakes isn't bad either. Green creek you might get a little more solitude. Last time I was there had the whole place to myself. Virginia Creek settlement has nice little cabins on the creek and a kickass little restaurant. The Pizza is awesome. The cabins are rustic but very nice. There located almost directly across from the Bodie exit off 395. Goodluck!!

Dave Neal
10-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Have to agree w/ head1st above... Green Creek Rd, both the dispersed camping or the campground itself, are beautiful... although it is a bit of a drive back in there.

Virginia Creek Settlement, just south on the Hwy 395 from Green Creek has a great operation and its only 5-10 minutes into Bridgeport.

If you want to camp near the water (EW?) then there are good campsites if you poke around below the bridge on the river, miles downstream of the dam. (Unimproved camping, get a burn permit for fires)

Silver Maple is my favorite hotel in Bridgeport, but most of them are comparable.

Rhinos at night or J's on the corner for food, Hayes St for breakfast... Ken's for advice and flies... I know you just asked about camping, but...

Have fun!!

Bill Markwood
10-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Doc n Al's is a private campground on Twin Lakes Road about 10 minutes from downtown Bridgeport. Picnic tables, fire pits and hot showers. They also rent small cabins although I've never stayed in one.