PDA

View Full Version : Annual Striperfest in the Delta-Nov 3, 2012

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Here is a post by Matt Havelock from Dan Blanton's message board:

I am delighted to officially kick off the 2012 www.DanBlanton.com bulletin board Striperfest & BBQ. Please mark your calendars for Saturday, November 3rd.

This event was founded in 1997 to acknowledge Dan Blanton for all his contributions to fly fishing as well as a “thank you” for establishing this terrific bulletin board. This event is also to recognize all of you for contributing to Dan’s board with such fun and educational fly-fishing information.

Several years ago this event expanded its scope and added a fundraising (raffle) component to raise awareness and “fight the fight” regarding the excessive diversions of water imperiling the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the fish that depend on this estuary. This amazing raffle, which seems to get bigger every year, is made possible because of all the generous people who donate the high-quality fly-fishing goods and services. The rods, reels, gear and the highly coveted packages of flies produced by some of the fly fishing community’s most creative and skilled tiers makes this event extra special. All Striperfest and raffle proceeds will benefit the Bay/Delta Conservation Committee of the Northern California Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers. Please stay tuned for further updates from Noel de Guzman regarding the Striperfest Raffle!

As usual, David Riggs and the entire Sugar Barge team will be hosting the event in their terrific facility on Bethel Island. Once again, Dave’s BBQ Pit will be providing the mouth-watering feast. The cost will be $35.00 per person. Festivities will commence at 4 p.m. with Dave’s BBQ buffet. How many times do I need to warn my buddies? Don’t be late or you will be out of it! The raffle will begin approximately 2 hours after the BBQ.

If you plan on attending, please attach your full name to this thread and include your fishing partners name. Also, indicate whether you have room in your boat for a guest or if you are looking to share a ride.

Dan and the entire Striperfest team are looking forward to seeing everyone. All newcomers are welcome! If you have any questions, please contact me at matt@aguerhavelock.com.

See you on the 3rd!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-21-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.danblanton.com/blog/striperfest-2012-details/

Only about two weeks now................