PDA

View Full Version : "Second Season" in Truckee...approaching

Frank R. Pisciotta
10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
We're not quit there...but fall fly angling is very near. It is a wonderful time to be in the mountains. I just made a short post on www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com.

i'll now check-out Ken's video on "creekin" with Jon

Frank R. Pisciotta

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks Frank......for the heads up.

Frank R. Pisciotta
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
...for a day!

I was pretty pumped yesterday prior to a guide trip in the Truckee area because there were overcast grey clouds. I anticipated more bugs with more rising fish. It didn't happen. :crybaby:

We worked for the fish and bought only one to the net via a dry/dropper, upper-water-column fishing. Sub-surface angling is still the go-to method which results in more takes and netted trout...So what else is new?

Bill---I enjoy participating on your BB...

Frank R. Pisciotta

k.hanley
10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Frank I enjoy and value your reports and insights. Bud you have it going on up in the High Sierra. We have got to get you into the next vid project! Thanks for the "like" I just saw it on Vimeo.

Cheers, Ken

Frank R. Pisciotta
10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Ken---You know you have a standing invite whenever you venture to the Truckee area. Plus, you can catch-up with Richard; our new Nevada county supervisor. He had some very nice comments about you in his current interview in HIS magazine indicating how instrumental you were in launching California Fly Fisher. =D>=D>

I saw Jon a couple of days before you we're going to "hook-up" (so to speak).

Frank R. Pisciotta

Frank R. Pisciotta
10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
...today's's comments to a client is posted...with other edits...at my blog at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com.

"Got any tips...

Best times; late morning to mid-afternoon.

where and what?

Above Boca inflow; below is higher more difficult wading…most productive method this week has been indicator rigs, 2 BB-shot, San Juan trailing # 16-18 Flash-Back Pheasant-Tails or Hare’s Ears. Dry/dropper has produced fewer takes, hook-ups and lands. “Stick & Move” and cover the water methodically. There are few, if any rising fish right now on either BT or LT although progressively were seeing more Psuedocleons, Mahogany duns (?) and smallish caddis with an occasional larger ones, Olive Stones and of course midges (LT) although I personally have not seen any October Caddis on either water. Largest trout thus far this week has been 18” RainBow. And yes, we’re starting to observe Browns migrating…in pairs…preparing for the spawn; but not on redds yet….if so LEAVE THEM ALONE! [-X

Oh, Sunday may not be a good day to be on the water. It is Truckee River Day on the 14th....with 400-500 volunteers doing various projects on the watershed."

Frank R. Pisciotta