PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia 'Stealth Atom Sling' is hot!!!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-02-2012, 04:04 PM
$89.00

http://video.patagonia.com/video/Stealth-Atom-Sling

Jed Peters
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Huh. I just watched it that little vid, seems like something I might like? I'd have to try one loaded, see how it fishes....Feel like it's something I might like more than a hip sack?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Some of our staff really like it.......

DAVID95670
10-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Got one .... Love it .... Highly recommend it ....

RomieRome51
10-03-2012, 07:30 AM
I just got mine...I have used 4 time now and love it. It's there when u need it and not in the way when ur fishing. Thank u Jim and Kiene's for the heads up on this awesome gear!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
We just got a bunch more in from Patagonia today............

Adam Grace
10-31-2012, 08:59 PM
I just ordered one from Patagonia today. I am very excited about using mine for spey fishing. It is a pretty cool sling pack, the best one that I have seen yet. I like the built-in waterproof pouch, it's perfect for electronics, like when I bring my cel phone with me. The water bottle holder on the bottom is perfect for my Kleen Kanteen. I appreciate the stabilizing crossing strap, my current sling doesn't have one and it wiggles off my shoulder after casting for a while.

I can't wait to use mine once it comes in the mail. I will post a report after I get enough time to use mine.

luckydude
11-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Got one as well, I've posted reviews of it here. I used it in the Bob, fished most of the summer with it, it's perfect for me.

Here's what mine carries:

http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/pat-sling.jpg

aaron
11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
8 more just rolled into the shop, get one while they last.

itsbenlong
11-02-2012, 09:20 AM
I purchased one of these bags earlier in the year after looking hi and low for something that works for me. I was looking for something that would do the following:

1. Stay out of the way while I am casting/fishing.
2. Stay snug on my back when I am hiking/climbing/crawling to that next hole.
3. Carry enough for the day but not too much keeping it light and unnoticeable.
4. Carry water on the outside, not taking up bag room.
5. Does not stick out to far on my back or front.
6. Stay centered on my back.
7. Easy, quick access including zippers that will open with one hand.

This is the first and only bag I can find that meets all of those needs. It holds more than I expected and is very deceiving to the eye. I had no idea it would hold as much as it does. I often like to spend much of my time swinging for steelhead and have recently attempted indicator fishing on occasion. I have also added a Spey rod to my arsenal and this bag holds everything I need for both applications. I currently carry in my bag:

1. 3 – 4x5 (not all 3 are the same size but close to it) fly boxes for swinging & nymphing.
2. Egg patterns & bead box.
3. 4 Flouro spools of tippet.
4. 2 small spools of mono.
5. 1 bottle of water which stays out of the way and hangs at the bottom of the bag which balances it in a way that you forget it is even there.
6. 1 hand rag, 1 neck buff
7. misc tools
8. Several other small items and my phone, wallet, fishing license.

I still have room for more items but feel I already carry more than I need and ever use.
My phone happens to fit in the pocket on the shoulder strap which is much easier to get to. However, it wouldn’t last long if I took a dunk. When I am fishing treacherous waters, I put my phone in a simms waterproof pouch that hangs around my neck so I can get to it when needed.

The waterproof pouch in this bag is nice to have, but I have never used it because I would never be able to get to it in time if it rang. If I wasn’t fishing when I should be working I would probably store it in the built in waterproof pouch. Anyway, I guess I have said enough about this bag. To sum it up in a few words; this bag is the bomb and I love it.

If I were to wish for one addition, it would be waterproof instead of water resistant. However, I dunked it once and nothing was wet inside. I also wore it all day in the rain and everything stayed dry inside except when I opened it to access it. Also, sometimes when a bag is 100% waterproof, it is difficult to open and access. Especially with one hand!

Troutstalker55B
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Ben,

Thanks for your write up. I've known you a long time, you're a straight shooter and tell it like it is so If this bag sucked you would definitely say so. I'm thinking this could be my new Creekin companion.

itsbenlong
11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey Jon,

You know how it is, these bags are never perfect and a little different for everyone. But you can't beat this one for $90.

I really dig this bag!

fishnbeatsworkin
11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I mentioned this to my g/f the other day & just found out she ordered me one up yesterday from Kiene's. it seems way less intrusive than the chest pack I've been using. Can't wait to get it

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-21-2012, 10:31 PM
We just got in another dozen of these packs.....they are one of our best selling products ever.

fishnbeatsworkin
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I got one of these packs from Kiene's about a week or so ago. Took it out for the first time last Wednesday. I really like it. It holds way more stuff than my old Williams & Joseph Current chest pack. That could be construed several ways, but it carries what you want with plenty of room left over for more. I didn't feel like I had to choose what to take based on my pack. The way it hangs on your back is a big plus. I could hardly tell it was there & there weren't any annoying neck straps to constantly remind me I was uncomfortable. These are great packs. If you're looking for a new one, check them out

itsbenlong
11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
I am back because I finally had a chance to fish with this bag all day in the rain. I am going to keep it short and start by saying that I still love this bag.

However, there is one pocket that I usually keep my license, wallet and a couple other small items in that a rarely use. On this day, I didn't even open this pocket until I was in my vehicle getting ready to head home. It was soaked and full of water.

Luckily it is only the little pocket on the inner edge of the bag. The zipper runs along side the edge of the back pad. Now I just put those items in a zip lock bag and its all good. After I dried out everything in my soaked wallet of course. lol

All the other pockets kept out water all day. ......and it rained constantly several times during the day where the water was pouring off the front of my hat, into my eyes, etc.....

Still love the bag.......

Bob Loblaw
12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Just got an REI catalog in the mail and they are selling a Patagonia Atom Sling pack for $45. Is this the same pack minus a 50 cent foam fly patch?

itsbenlong
12-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Its not the same bag at all. It doesn't have the additional pouch/pocket that holds the 50 cent foam fly patch. It also doesn't have the better waterproof zipper covers, expecially the flap over the zipper on the main pocket. It also doesn't have the bottle holder. The overall material of the Stealth is 840 denier and this bag in question is only 420. It will make a big difference in the rain. There is probably more reasons why they are different than this.....