PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 88 late October?

DFrink
10-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Let me first start off by saying I am no Scott V. I have fished less this year than in any of the previous 10, mostly due to a 3 year old and having a new little boy just 1 month ago. I have the green light to get out for a day trip sometime in October; with work it's looking like it will be towards the end of the month. I have a place in mind, however it's a lake I have never fished and there aren't many other options nearby if it turns out to be a bust. I have wanted to try the 88 area for some time and am considering changing plans.

So here's the question, where would you go if you were me? I am torn between Red, Silver, Caples, Woods, etc. I have never fished this area. I like the idea of having a plan B if my first choice proves to be a bust. I will be fishing from a tube, and feel comfortable with Lake Tactics, but can always use advice on flies, area, etc. Help an over worked Dad out and share some ideas (if you don't mind). I need to get on some water before winter!

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Scott V
10-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Let me know what day you are thinking and if I am available we can go to Heenan. Ignore any bad reports you may have heard. I will be heading there the weekend after next. We can leave there around noon and hit another lake on the way back. Then we can stop at Miguel's for dinner.

Let me know if you want to join me, you have until the Friday before.

Ed Wahl
10-02-2012, 04:56 PM
You got a pm buddy.

Ed

DFrink
10-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks Scott, I'd love to but I will probably be heading out on a weekday. Weekends are all booked up right now. I'll let you know what day if you're availble.

Let me know what day you are thinking and if I am available we can go to Heenan. Ignore any bad reports you may have heard. I will be heading there the weekend after next. We can leave there around noon and hit another lake on the way back. Then we can stop at Miguel's for dinner.

Let me know if you want to join me, you have until the Friday before.

DFrink
10-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Just what the Dr. ordered. Thanks man. We need to fish together some time.

Dan

You got a pm buddy.

Ed