PDA

View Full Version : Warm fall in Nor Cal.......yikes.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I just looked at the 10 day weather predictions on the Internet and it looks like it is going to be in the 80s and 90s right into early October.

The nights are cool and the days are shorter so it is not all bad....

Still going to be lots of good fishing up in the mid-elevation for trout in streams and lakes because with the cooler nights the water is cooling off now.

Scott V
09-26-2012, 03:48 PM
No worries Bill, the seasons are progressing. Everything is starting later and ending later. I've been noticing this for he last 10 or so years.

BillB
09-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I remember back in the day, at least I think I remember(!), that the opening morning of dove season was usually cool and damp. Seems sometime near the first of September there was usually a storm that blew though and grape and cotton farmers were scampering to save their crops from mildews and rots. Seems that is a rare occurrence these days. Did I imagine that?

atavuss
09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
The Aspens are changing already in the high country.

wineslob
09-27-2012, 10:16 AM
It's supposed to be 100 this weekend in Chico! Lucky for me, I'll be in Monterey this weekend. Highs in the low 70's. 8)

Mike McKenzie
09-27-2012, 12:54 PM
I remember back in the day, at least I think I remember(!), that the opening morning of dove season was usually cool and damp. Seems sometime near the first of September there was usually a storm that blew though and grape and cotton farmers were scampering to save their crops from mildews and rots. Seems that is a rare occurrence these days. Did I imagine that?

Bill
Or at least, I remember it the same way! Especially in the 80's, it seems like there would be tons of Doves around all through August! Then during the last week or so before the opener here would come rain and a temperature drop and the Doves split for the south-land! Dang! :crybaby: It usually took the first week of the season before Doves from further North moved in and improved the shootin'.:-D

Mike