PDA

View Full Version : Current Hoopa tribal fishing regulations?

hbramhall
09-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Does anybody know the current Hoopa tribal fishing regulations? I am specifically interested in the rules governing walk in fishing on the Trinity. I am reluctant to go down river without a better idea of the rules. Thanks for any information.

Darian
09-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Check out the following link:

http://www.hoopafisheries.org/

I was unable to locate any reference to fishing regs on the site but yopu could contact the tribe, directly, an ask your question of the tribe....

I should add that in all of the years I fished up there, I never heard of a separate set of regs governing fishing; only access/trespass.

sixrivers
09-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Ca fishing regs have not changed but access to tribal lands for non native anglers is now on a pay to play program. Permits are available at Ace Hardware in Willow Creek. $14.30 for one day or $22.42 for two.

hbramhall
09-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Thank you, that is the exact information I needed. I will call Ace in Willow Creek and check out the details and store hours.

hbramhall
09-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I talked to two employees at Ace Hardware in Willow Creek and they did not know about day passes for fishing tribal land. I may have been unlucky and talked to the wrong people. Does anyone know of a name and telephone number of someone involved with the day passes?

Darian
09-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Ifyou click on the link I provided in my prior post and select "contact us", you can contact the tribe by telephone or e-mail and ask your question. Nothing like going to the people who run the show. 8)

BobT
09-28-2012, 02:30 PM
No decision has been made as of last week. The tribal council was going to meet this week. I will take awhile after the decision is made to form a process and get permits printed etc