PDA

View Full Version : Missoula MT early october

mmrevolver
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Making a first trip to Missoula early October. We know we want to fish Rock Creek. Any suggestions for other local waters to fish, places to stay, eat or drink would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
David Armocido

middleforkoutfitters@hotmail.com

David lives in Missoula now and can give you some advise.

mems
09-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Aloha, I was just there in July and we had a great time. I would make an effort to hit the West Fork on the Bitteroot. They have been having terrible fires, but that is where we caught our biggest fish. Pick up some october caddis and have fun, Mems.

Bryan Morgan
09-21-2012, 09:53 AM
I'll second that about the West Fork. We will leaving ourselves on Sep. 27 . We go back every year, have a sister who lives there. You could also hit the Main Bitterroot between Hamilton and Missoula. Lots of Access points. Try Bell Crossing. Huey Lewis has a home there. To access the West Fork, you will take the Conner Cutoff also known as West Fork Road. The West Fork holds quite a few Bull Trout. PM me if you want to know about the flies I've used in the past. Have a great trip.

fishnbeatsworkin
09-21-2012, 07:01 PM
here's a local report from the 14th:

http://ravallirepublic.com/lifestyles/recreation/article_9d17660a-fed0-11e1-86b7-001a4bcf887a.html

Woodman
09-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Making a first trip to Missoula early October. We know we want to fish Rock Creek. Any suggestions for other local waters to fish, places to stay, eat or drink would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Clark Fork has some big rainbows. You're about an hour from one of my favorite places. If you're willing to hike a little ways (3 miles) send me a PM

John

mmrevolver
09-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, will contact David. Thanks also to the others that replied.

Mike