PDA

View Full Version : Davis Lake water temp. ?

gene goss
09-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm going up to Davis Lake Wed. to do a fishout for the GBF club on the weekend and was wondering what the water temp. is doing.????? If anyone from this board would like to stop by and say hi, i will be staying at the Grizzly campgrounds and will post my camp site # on the message board for the campgrounds.

hikenfish
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Surface water temps at Old camp Five were 64 around 9 am, and reached 68.6 by 5pm last Tuesday, September 11.

Don Rotsma
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Gene- water temps have been between 63 and 67 last couple of days from early to late afternoon. Fishing is picking up and can be good when blood midges are hatching and fish are active. Most days we are getting 3 to 10 fish between 8:00 am and noon using intermediate lines and blood midge larvae and a chromie trailor. Fish are taking the chromie 2:1 over red larvae. Fish are holding from 6 to 9 ft deep with some cruising the surface taking midges occasionally. If you have any questions, give me a call. Don

gene goss
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Thank you for the info. its looks like the weather is changing for the weekend with cooler weather and should drop the water temp. a little more.....the fishing should just get better and better. I'm already laying the ground work with the wife for another fishing trip back to Davis or Frenchman Lake.

Scott V
09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Gene, Kathy and I will be at Frenchman's the first weekend of October. We are heading to the lake Thursday the 4th and staying til Sunday.