PDA

View Full Version : Thick as fleas

malbers
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I dropped of the kids at school, and headed out for a few hours solo in the middle part of the delta where I've seen fish with captain Hatch recently. In 4 hours of fishing I boated 61 fish. On one 1/4 mile drift I hooked up 25 fish out of 35 casts. They were everywhere. Moved around a little a found them at each spot. Some spots were better than others. As the tide went slack the bite died off and I headed for the house. Great day on the water.

Darian
09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I was out Black Bass fishing, top water, on Monday late afternoon and was marking fish in 6' of water all over the place while on the move. Couldn't get any takes from my smallish divers/poppers, tho. They had to be Stripers.

Talked to a couple at the dock who were fishing in the AM. They said they hooked/released 40-50 Black Bass on Gurglers, Neutralizers and Clousers. They were fishing a rising tide. My partner and I fished thru 7:45 PM. The bite started good around 6:00 PM. Mostly small fish but around 7:15, I got one very splashy take that surprised me so much I missed the strike.... :roll:

Hatch
09-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Good work Matt. Now start taking your rods apart and get ready for some Baja Bruisers.
HATCH

Scott V
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm gonna try my luck around Fract's Tract this Saturday in my pontoon. So if anyone see's me say hi, I am usually the only guy crazy enough to be out there in a pontoon fly fishing. Plan to launch from Sugar Barge.

Blueracer
09-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Scott how did it go??

Scott V
09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Scott how did it go??

Saturday is still 2 days away. But my crystal ball says it will be good!