PDA

View Full Version : Another old friend Richard Kennon passes

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-07-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.lcfeg.org/December_2010.pdf

I just learned that Dick passed away in 2010.

Troutstalker55B
09-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Bill,

I had the pleasure of fishing with Dick numerous times since the mid 70's. My Dad and him go way back and both were into short line/high stick nymphing before many knew of the technique. Dick was very serious about his fishing and would always be the the last one back in camp late in the evening on a fishout. He would be tired, still in his waders cooking dinner at 10pm, only to wake up and do it all over again. He was a trooper. He drove his truck off the road near Pit 3 and would have killed himself but a pine tree stopped his decent down a cliff. He was very lucky that day.

When I was 8 years old we were fishing the head waters of the Trinity river and he insisted I go ahead of him and fish instead of leap frogging. To make a long story short, I cleaned shop and did not leave anything for Dick. When we got back to camp he yelled at my dad for not teaching me etiquette! We laughed about that day years later.

My fondest memory of Dick was taking him to Lake Davis in 2000 and putting him in the bucket. Dick was not really into stillwater and enjoyed moving water much more. That day Dick casted 9 times and hooked 9 fish all in a row in the same spot. Smiling he leaned over to me and said " I know where I want to fish tomorrow". I sure miss him.

Jon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks Jon

I know Dick had a wonderful life............