PDA

View Full Version : I am a student of the Lefty Kreh methods....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-07-2012, 07:49 AM
......of fly casting.

There are tons of video clips on the internet with Lefty teaching casting and other parts of fly fishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ-AXvVbKkE

Work on your fly casting so the fishing will be easier.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

About 20 years ago when I was traveling a lot to the saltwater and I was at the top of my game and could out cast most people except tournement casters (and Florida guides). Today at 67 I am down from that but can still cast well with a single handed fly rod.

My next adventure is to become a pretty good Spey caster which I am excited about....

I learned more about how to fly cast from teaching fly fishing schools on the weekends for Fenwick, Mel Keiger and the Orvis Company.

I also did lots of lake fishing from a pram, lots of steelhead fishing and finally lots of saltwater flats fishing which forces you to cast long.....

Once you get your casting down it is so effortless that you could cast all day long.

matt johnson
09-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Old Bill has a really sweet cast. When there was a group of us out there it was always a treat when Bill would come out and pick up the rod we were checking out in the Kiene's parking lot.

Andy Guibord is a beautiful caster. You should see his butter smooth cast on the water with lead-core and a weighted striper fly. Each one is a "bomber" and they always turn over. Andy taught me how to cast. He is a great teacher and has taught many many people over the years...

Jeff Putnam has a jaw dropping cast. Crazy good caster and also a great instructor.

Jason Hartwick has is one of the best "on the water" spey-casters I have ever seen. Pure controlled power that appears effortless....

There is a long tradition of casting excellence in the Kiene klan. I would highly recommend spending some time casting with anybody from the shop

mar
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Great video of a living legend in action. Thanks for sharing Bill.

Gotta put one of those elbow shelf thingies on the boat. Need to tighten up them loops :D