PDA

View Full Version : Welded loop failure....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Most all the new high end fly lines have welded loops now on the front and some even on the back too.

While casting, after some time, you can have the fly line crack from fatigue just in from the welded loop.

Today this is not a big deal because you can bring in your line to our fly shop and we can cut off that cracked line and loop and make another factory welded loop with our new Airflo custom welded loop machine.

We can also try to make a welded loop on the end of most fly lines, shooting heads or running lines.

Some line weld better than others....some not at all.

We charge $3.00 to put a welded loop on your line.

Scott V
09-06-2012, 07:19 AM
I had the shop weld a loop on to the end of a type 3 shooting head and have caught a ton of fish on it with no failure yet. Quick, easy, and solid. I am very happy you guys got in that welder.

RomieRome51
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Most all the new high end fly lines have welded loops now on the front and some even on the back too.

While casting, after some time, you can have the fly line crack from fatigue just in from the welded loop.

Today this is not a big deal because you can bring in your line to our fly shop and we can cut off that cracked line and loop and make another factory welded loop with our new Airflo custom welded loop machine.

We can also try to make a welded loop on the end of most fly lines, shooting heads or running lines.

Some line weld better than others....some not at all.
How successful have sink tips been? I have 6 wt 250 grain and a 8 wt 300 grain that I would like to bring in.