PDA

View Full Version : converting conventional grip to switch?

Notch
09-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I have a TFO pro 10' 5wt that is on the heavy side as a trout rod, but could make a really nice central valley switch rod. Does anyone know if there is a kit, or rod builder that could add a removable 3-4" butt section to this rod? Seems like it would be an easy fix.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Mark Kranhold
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Jeremy, Steve Godshall can do it. Gary Anderson even has a telescoping butt grip that would work perfect for that. Steve works with Gary alot, so depending on what way you go ,you will be in good hands either way. If you are interested in Steve's # send me a PM.

DougM
09-05-2012, 07:06 PM
if the rod has a fighting butt, no further work is needed (ANY rod with a fighting butt can be used with both hands).

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Rod builder and barber, Dave Hendrickson, is right down the street from our fly shop here in Sacramento and does it all the time now.

He did a bunch of 10' rods for Rick Jorgensen.

Rick J
09-06-2012, 07:20 AM
As Bill states Dave does a great job and can get all the parts you need - He has converted 3 old single hand Fisher rods and also made up a 12' 2/3 wt Anglers Roost for both Bruce and me.

The 10' 7 wt Fisher is likely about my all time favorite rod now and it has landed alot of steelhead on the Klamath and Grande Ronde - I am throwing a cut back Vision Ace at 27 feet and 362 grains and it just rocks!!!!