PDA

View Full Version : Post water temperatures of your trips?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Should be interesting.....

Troutstalker55B
09-05-2012, 05:05 AM
These water temps are from the last week, I list both the low and the high which are taken in the morning and then the late afternoon.

NFYR (Sierra City to Downieville) 53.8 - 62.3
MFFR (Belwo Jamison Creek/Two Rivers) 63.1 - 69
Lower Yuba 53.1 - 57.3
Lake Davis 61-66.5

Jon.

gene goss
09-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks Jon for the Davis Lake temp.....I'm doing a fishout for GBF at Davis Lake Sept. 21-23 and its nice to see those temp. coming down....i will be staying at Grizzly campground, and if your in the neighborhood stop by and say hi.

JGB
09-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Just passed by the USac on Monday and stopped at Soda Creek for lunch and a quick dip.

Didn't have a temp gauge of any kind other than the one I carry everywhere with me, and let me tell you...that gauge shrank instantly :shock: when I jumped in, should have tied a string to it so I could find it afterwards. I usually wet wade and there was no way I could have if I was fishing that day, despite the high ambient temp.

Don't know the precise temp, but I can tell you it is down significantly from just two weeks ago. Didn't have time to fish as I was on my way home but I would think that things should be starting to take off soon, if they haven't already.

JGB

P.S. The smoke in the area is horrendous, in some places one can't see beyond the first ridge.

Troutstalker55B
09-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Gene,

I have a trip on the 22nd, but would like to come by camp on the 21st in evening and shoot the breeze. May be able to to fish the 23rd with you. Starting tying those blood midge emerger dries and your black magic flies - The fall gore is getting ready to happen.

Jon.

Scott V
09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Jon, I'll be at Davis with my wife on October 4th evening thru Sunday the 7th. I'll hopefully get a place at Grizzly campground. Stop on by if your around. I'll be in my rv pulling my dune buggy.

Heenan lake temp was 62 last Sunday.

Mike O
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=JGB;122540

should have tied a string to it so I could find it afterwards..[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!