PDA

View Full Version : Lost treasure

gene goss
09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Looking in the dark corner of the attic i found this pile of 8 leaking waders...i tryed to patch them but they still leaked, so i just threw them in corner and brought a new pair, thinking that some day i could fix them. Next stop is the trash can....or free to a good home.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w300/eugene047/waders9-02-12.jpg

Blueracer
09-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Interested in the one on the far right. Olive green color? What's the size? Thanks

gene goss
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Thats was my wife waders its a size med.

SHigSpeed
09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
You kept going back to Hodgman after all of those leakers? :)

Impressive array!

_SHig

SHigSpeed
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Is there a fly pattern that you could use all that neoprene on? Maybe a Pyramid bug? :)

Gotta be some craft project that could be done..

Those breathables that Bryan asked about look like a good candidate for ultralight packing waders. No frills, though leaky is no fun in a 45 degree high mountain lake...

_SHig

Mike O
09-04-2012, 06:02 PM
cut the feet out of the bottom, leaving a stirrup. use them as dry (and in the case of neoprene, warm), waterproof pants. i use an old pair of breathables when I hunt pheasants after a rain or heavy dew. roll em up, put them in the backpack when the sun dries out the plants.

mike

SHigSpeed
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
cut the feet out of the bottom, leaving a stirrup. use them as dry (and in the case of neoprene, warm), waterproof pants. i use an old pair of breathables when I hunt pheasants after a rain or heavy dew. roll em up, put them in the backpack when the sun dries out the plants.

mike

That's a great idea! I just had some Willy J waders replaced under warranty and they didn't ask for my bad ones back. I may have to do that.

_SHig

Ned Morris
09-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Please go to www.recycledwaders.com or call them. I bet a gift cert. would be in exchange for all those waders.

gene goss
09-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Please go to www.recycledwaders.com or call them. I bet a gift cert. would be in exchange for all those waders.

Thanks for the info. Ned.....but.... they wanted you to buy a product made from your waders before they would take them.

Ned Morris
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Gosh I thought it would be a great idea and confused why they wouldn't accept your donation with no strings attached. Goes to show everyone has ulterior motives. Sorry again for that experience. I am out of suggestions!

Spicytuna1
09-06-2012, 02:29 PM
What about cutting them off at the calf to make Neoprene wading socks. I woudl be interested in that.

Blueracer
09-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Gene. They're for the gf, she needs a pair so I would be willing to see if I could patch them up so those olive ones would be a good possibility for the gf. She doesn't want to spend a lot of money right now on something she may not do a lot.

How can I get them? Thanks