PDA

View Full Version : back in the bay and looking for fishing partners

shawnery
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
My name is Shawnery or Shawn for short, 39 years old and married with kids, live in Woodside and have started to get back into fishing since I almost died in a bad crash motorcycle racing at Infineon.

I'm finally back home in woodside after enjoying Lakeport for a while and catching a fair amount of trout in Blue lake and the Russian river. I'm retired and open most days for fishing and willing to drive a fair amount to find the fish. I enjoy both lake and river fishing both fly and standered gear. Trout have been my main target as of late but love salmon fishing since I learned fly fishing in Washington and they are every up there. I would be more than willing to try out deep sea fishing as well or anything else that gets me out of the house and my hook in a fish.

I know this sounds like a personal add but truth be told since my crash I've lost touch with most of my old friends from racing and I'm just trying to find a few people who might like to get out there and have a good time fishing.

Scott V
09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
39 and retired, I hate you!!!!

But I'll give a shout out when I am looking for a fishing partner.

Darian
09-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Shawn,.... Since you live quite a ways from this area (Sacramento), you might consider looking for someone closer to your home. I found a club near you that might suit your needs well:

http://www.flycasters.org/

This club is in San Jose. There're others in your area, as well. For a local fly shop, you might try California Fly Shop on Industrial Road in Belmont.

As you can see, guys like Scott are available that you'll be able to connect/fish with from around here, as well. You have a lot of time to get things going.

Have fun and good luck!!! :D

Chris Gearhart
09-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Hey Shawnery,
I live in Santa Clara and I am on the water several times a month. I am a trout and steelhead guy so i don't really do still water or salt. Most of the time i fish out of a drift boat.You are welcome to join me when there is room in the boat.

Chris Gearhart 650 400-3738