PDA

View Full Version : Waste pack suggestions?

GaryO
08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I fish only rarely up in the sierras and some Klamath steelheads. I was thinking that a waist pack would be ok.

donkeyhunter007
09-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I have used several waist packs for fishing and love them. The first thing that I have found is I greatly prefer waist packs with shoulder straps, It helps keep it in place and I dont have to crank it down on my waist. This comes in handy when nature calls unbuckle and sling over your back. I use a non water proof patagonia that i like because it weighs nothing and has fishing related storage pockets inside. If Im winter fishing (possible rain) or wading deep I go to a sage typhoon it has a good size waterproof submersible pocket that fits two large fly boxes. I don't like my fly boxes to get wet, rusty hooks are no bueno. The sage bag is NICE but pricey, and a little heavy, I start noticing it after a long day. True waterproof zippers make stuff expensive. Finally I just got a fully waterproof sagebrush dry goods waist pack. I have not used it yet but its lighter than the sagetyphoon and the whole thing is waterproof. They sold me a model that at the time wasn't on the website took a while to get, but I cant wait take it out this winter.

luckydude
09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27856