PDA

View Full Version : Grass Valley information?

BobVP
08-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I have some work (Yeah!) to do over in Grass Valley (Peardale) area and will have a short amount of time to fish. I know well the North Fork Yuba and the creeks there, but I am hoping there is something closer.
Can anyone share information on Lost Lake or the creek the enters/leaves it? How about Bear creek?
PM is fine.
Thanks.

bonneville54
08-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Bob,

I live around the corner from Lost Lake and from what I understand, it's quite private. But worse still, it been a Superfund clean up sight for quite some time due to debris from a failed dam at a mine upstream. I believe that both Clipper Creek and Little Clipper Creek we're involved also in the designation.

The Bear River is fishable, but like many of our streams, it's not as good as it used to be...it's pretty, tho. There was a terrific article in the local paper recently about fishing the local creeks....Deer, Wolf and Squirrell. Also, there is a new fly shop in town, I'll bet you can get some great info there..

http://www.theunion.com/article/20120813/NEWS/120819935/1084&parentprofile=1060

I live off You Bet Rd. and it's only 22 minutes to the Yuba!

I have some work (Yeah!) to do over in Grass Valley (Peardale) area and will have a short amount of time to fish. I know well the North Fork Yuba and the creeks there, but I am hoping there is something closer.
Can anyone share information on Lost Lake or the creek the enters/leaves it? How about Bear creek?
PM is fine.
Thanks.

BobVP
08-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the information. I will be working right on Lost Lake Road, just two minutes from 174.
When you say only 22 minutes to the Yuba, where do you mean? I have never fished that area, just the North Fork around Downieville.
I plan to stop in at the new fly shop. Glad you have another person willing to risk it these days.

bonneville54
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
What do you do?

I live on Lost Lake near You Bet....probably drive by my house on your way.

I meant the lower Yuba....takes me about 20-25 minutes to get to the Hwy 20 bridge from Lost Lake. Flows seem to be going down, too...makes it a little easier for this old fart to wade.