PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

head1st
08-27-2012, 10:57 PM
I was fishing Lake Mary in June near the ledge by the stumps. I was looking down and caught a flash. So I put my go pro on a piece of rope. Later when I reviewed the flash card, sure enough there was a rod n reel down there. I headed back out after a quick stop at the local rite aid in Mammoth. Picked up the biggest treble hook I could find and some fly backing and a little weight and tried to fish it out. But it was to deep. After about a half hour of trying I gave up. Then I seen some kids on a paddle board fishing cans out of the shallows. I kicked over in my float tube and asked how there swimming skills were. I said I dropped my rod and there is 20 spot if you can fish it out. It's in about 11 feet of water. Ten minutes later, I was out 20 dollars but had a gently used Orvis Clearwater rod with matching reel. It didn't look to be under for to long. I cleaned up the reel and it works like new. I also found this year: 2 pairs of pliers, 1 lanyard with some tippit material and floatant 1 submerged digital camera {not working] 2 pairs of sunglasses that I could use 2 hats [that I couldn't use] More power bait than I could count, [trash bound] I also found a womens bra in a tree. I left that there. 3 pair of hemostats And while fishing lake george, Somebody's stinger of fish swimming away. I have been very fortunate this year to have lost anything of value. I was just curious if anybody else out there has found anything cool or unusual while fishing. Cheers, Randy

Tony Buzolich
08-28-2012, 06:19 AM
A few years ago I had a dorado take a new SAGE RPLX 11w. with an ABEL #3 attached. I had a popper hanging over the gunwale while taking a break. Dorado were all around the boat and one came up and grabbed the popper. It took off jumping and as I wasn't holding the rod it took off too skipping across the water like a water-skier behind a boat. :(:(:(

Remember that story Frank?
Tony

huntindog
08-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I think I would be more curious if anyone has lost an orvis clearwater setup....and I am pretty surethat if I found it in June i would not have waited until august to mention it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Years ago Andy Guibord lost a nice Sage Xi 9'#8 rod with a Tibor Everglades on it in New Hogan from a boat in deep water.

Fred Gordon and Andy Guibord use to dive in the lower American River to find all kinds of stuff.

Lures, sunglasses and even money.....

huntindog
08-28-2012, 07:57 AM
When doing carcass surveys on the Sac we used to find tons of stuff, we litterally spent all day cruising slowly up the river looking down into the water...we had a wall in the office that was filled with one of the best displays of kwikfish/flatfish and other plugs on the planet. Also found a full six pack of beer in our screw trap one time...the proper owner was never found so it was disposed of appropriately.. :D