PDA

View Full Version : Forums Downtime on the 31st

aaron
08-25-2012, 12:35 PM
The forums will be "frozen" on the 31st. You won't be able to post but still read and the forums will be updated and integrated into the new website and ready to go full use on the 1st of September.

luckydude
08-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Was the motivation the performance of the existing website?

I'm out in the sticks so I just assumed it was my net connection, but the site has been slow for me lately.

aaron
08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Nope performance has been fine, just upgrading to newer software to give us better tools on our end.

Jed Peters
08-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I want my money back.

oh, wait.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Was the motivation the performance of the existing website?

I'm out in the sticks so I just assumed it was my net connection, but the site has been slow for me lately.

Our web site speed is usually your computer speed and your connection speed.

I go to 'Internet Options'....then I delete 'Temporary Files' and 'Cookies'....

If you leave your PC running, reboot it once a week.

If your PC is 5 years old you might add some RAM or Format your hard drive and reload everything.

luckydude
08-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Our web site speed is usually your computer speed and your connection speed.

I go to 'Internet Options'....then I delete 'Temporary Files' and 'Cookies'....

If you leave your PC running, reboot it once a week.

If your PC is 5 years old you might add some RAM or Format your hard drive and reload everything.

Thanks for the hints (and they are good ones for Windows) but I'm running Linux - I'm a geek, I've worked on Linux, Solaris, IRIX, SCO, disk drives, processors, you name it, I've probably screwed it up if it has to do with computers :)

I'll go with my net connection, my ISP buys bandwidth from Cogent - cheap and you get what you pay for :(