PDA

View Full Version : 5 Dot in September

Bull_Dog
08-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey everyone, Just a reminder that we are hosting one more outing this year at 5-Dot. The dates are September 28-30. We still have some space available. The lake is in great shape and late September may be the best time of year to be up there. This event is the coolest fly fishing get together I have ever done. Below is Terry from Keines report from our July 2012 outing. If anyone has any questions or wants a spot or two give me a call or send me an email. 775.742.1754 rob@bucketlistflyfishing.com

Rob Anderson

Winter is coming soon!

Just returned from the July 5 Dot Stillwater Clinic with Rob Anderson and Doug Ouellette. 12 students attended with a couple doing their second clinic. In a word, the weekend was "outstanding!" The weather cooperated and 5 Dot was at a good water level. Friday evening started with a stillwater presentation by Doug. Everyone in the class received a 22 page booklet that Doug and Rob put together from their many years of guiding. This reference book will be a source of information for me that I can use for many years.

Rob prepared a super meal after the presentation that everyone enjoyed. After dinner Doug put on a power point program that high lighted important subjects in the booklet. One of Doug's specialties is the "floater-no-cator" technique. This was an eye opener for me and a tactic that Doug has mastered over many years. On Saturday we hit the lake to put our education into use. I was blown away with just how effective the "floater-no-cator" system works. We lost count of how many fish we caught. At lunch, Rob showed us his "DCA" system (depth control apparatus). Rob has taken the break away indo system to a new level...pardon the pun. Those using this technique in the afternoon and on Sunday hammered the trout.

If you are serious about learning stillwater techniques, this is a must attend class for you in the future. I believe that Doug and Rob have one more class coming up the third weekend in September. Perhaps they can give some of the information in a follow up post.

aaron
08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Every customer we get that attends this seminar comes back raving about the innovative techniques they learn. I'll try to make it if my schedule will allow.

Bull_Dog
09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone for all the emails and questions about our upcoming outing at 5-Dot Ranch.

Here are some of the answers to more popular questions.

The fee does include the $300 rod fee for the weekend as well as camping and lunch and dinner for weekend. (we even have a shower)

Almost all of the instruction is on the lake. There is not very much "classroom style" time on the bank as to ensure lots of time practicing and fishing for big Triploid Rainbows. There is individual instruction time on the lake for each angler with one of the guides.

And yes John T. for what amounts to $200 plus rod fees we are providing an awesome venue, a place to catch lots of huge trout. Some of the best stillwater instruction anywhere and all food. You do not have to pack up your boat and or tube at the end of each day because you are on private land and the fish we catch will not have Coca Pods, soars and scars on them.

Thanks for recognizing that.

We still have 4 spots open for September 28-30.