PDA

View Full Version : saltwater proof wading boots

DougM
08-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Any ideas, (Santa Cruz, Ca. area)

aaron
08-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Simms has a new one for next year, can't remember the name but it's basically the Rivershed with more aggressive rubber and all of the metal has been shifted into machined plastic for corrosion resistance.

Scott V
08-21-2012, 07:30 AM
I use Hodgman's wading boots in the sand a lot and have never had an issue. They have a hard rubber sole.

T&K
08-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Wading boots on the beach can be very uncomfortable. They will fill up with too much sand. It is best to use rubber boot fit waders. If you don't own a pair, wade without boots in stocking foot waders.

Scott V
08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Here is what I was talking about, they are not boots but rubber shoes. Do not wear regular boots on the beach, it will kill your feet, ankles and calves.

http://www.hodgman.com/Neoprene-Shoes-P2077C55.aspx

mems
08-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Aloha, try apair of tabis, japanese style booties, $20 at walmart. Work great in the salt, Mems.

Darian
08-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Scott,.... Do you lick up much sand in those wading boots??? They look a bit short. Is the fit close in the top of the boot???

I have something similar but it has a zipper up the inside of the boot for putting them on. I find it chafes my ankle. :-|

Scott V
08-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Scott,.... Do you lick up much sand in those wading boots??? They look a bit short. Is the fit close in the top of the boot???

I have something similar but it has a zipper up the inside of the boot for putting them on. I find it chafes my ankle. :-|

I wear my waders when I am using those shoes. The top of the boots has a velcro closure to seal them up, If I was to go without waders I would probably just go barefoot. I grew up surfing so shoes aren't needed for the beaches I fish. I would then just keep a pair of sandals for the walk back to the car.

PaulC
08-25-2012, 09:32 AM
If your fishing in the surf a lot in waders, I would just get a pair of bootfoots with breathable material.
I fished for years in neoprene bootfoots but the spring/fall were a bit warm in those things.
I'm using a pair of Simms bootfoots for the last couple of years and dig them.
There are lots of other lower cost options out there as well.

They are easy on and off, and no sand buildup in the boots to abrade away at your stocking foots.
Avoid felt soles as well and just go with lug sole.

-Paul