PDA

View Full Version : Rucker Lake Report

Jet
08-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Joey and I decided to fish Rucker lake for the first time. We heard it was a nice bass lake. The good news there are some small fish. The bad news there are some small fish. The lady of the lake on her paddle board and in her green bikini told Joey that otters move in last year and ate all the fish. Very few fish above 6" caught. I did best on the rock wall side to the dam in about 8-12' of water. The fly for me was a long 3" brown wiggle tail with the new wiggle flash on a intermediate line. It's a leech imitation. It's very pretty lake and we caught something but I thought there would be some bigger fish and some top water action. Did not see one large fish rise the whole time. Some dinky dinks started to rise when we left

Tight Lines,

Jet

Scott V
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I caught 3-5 pound + bass on top this summer there. And others have also, they are there. Took me about 5 trips before I saw anything bigger than 10 inches.

Ed Wahl
08-19-2012, 08:11 PM
I was up there yesterday, must have just missed you. Same results as you though. I moved down to Fuller and caught 8, a mix of 'bows and browns.
Ed

Tracy Chimenti
08-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Kick right into the deepest part of the pond and let fly with a wacky-rigged 4" Senko on a 1/4oz drop-shot.