PDA

View Full Version : Sage Z-Axis Gone?!

OceanSunfish
08-16-2012, 11:21 PM
No doubt I have fallen way behind when it comes to the newer techniques and their associated rods of the past decade. Family life has a way of putting this one-time avid angler into hibernation. I just can't keep up..... When I emerge, I'll have some idea so the learning curve won't be that bad.......

I did get a handle on the Z Axis 5110-4 and low and behold, it's a goner! A great rod from what I've garnered..... especially on the Truckee and similar bigger trout waters.

What has replaced it? I think the Z Axis were wonderful in the longer lengths (9'-6" plus)

Some rods are flat out venerable or heirlooms. 389LL, Scott 904-4, Wintson TMF, etc. I kind of thought the 5110-4 was looking to be a classic too?! Any thoughts?

aaron
08-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Been discontinued for quite some time now, check out a ONE when you get a chance, blows the Z away.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-17-2012, 07:34 AM
After Sage came out with the TCX Switch series a few years ago the sales of Z-Axis Switch rods really slowed down for us.

Now the new Sage ONE Switch rods, coming out right now, are even better than the TCX Switch if you can beleive that.

Does not mean that the entire Z-Axis series of single handed and two handed fly rods iare not still wonderful rods though.

Just seems like these new rods are light with better powerflow.

The discontined Z-Axis series rods were so popular that when they were discontinued and discounted they flew out of here in a week.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

We only have 3 new but discontinued Sage Z-Axis fly rods left :

9010-4 single hand 9' #10 line in 4 pc.

8110-4 Switch rod - 11'#8 line in 4 pc.

5126-4 Spey rod - 12' #5 line in 4 pc (my favorite Spey rod)

All are marked 30% off in the shop but they would be 40% off now for any board memebers that are interested.

These are new rods with the factory case and a lifetime warranty.

luckydude
08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm becoming quite fond of my 5wt but would love to stumble on a 2 or 3wt in 8-9 foot length. If anyone has one let me know, I'd appreciate a chance to cast it.

rubberguy
12-21-2012, 04:35 PM
is this 5126-4 still available? is it 1 of the discontinued rods for sale? thanx.
Bill C.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

We only have 3 new but discontinued Sage Z-Axis fly rods left :

9010-4 single hand 9' #10 line in 4 pc.

8110-4 Switch rod - 11'#8 line in 4 pc.

5126-4 Spey rod - 12' #5 line in 4 pc (my favorite Spey rod)

All are marked 30% off in the shop but they would be 40% off now for any board memebers that are interested.

These are new rods with the factory case and a lifetime warranty.[/QUOTE]