PDA

View Full Version : Simms wader repair service

Rich Morrison
08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to give some credit to Simms. I've got a set of Rivershed waders I bought at Cabelas several years ago. On a recent trip to a little tailwater in the Sierra foothills I slipped on some rocks and tore a pretty big hole in the waders near the right hip. I created a repair work order on the Simms website which included a printable mailing label. I sent the waders in and got a reply back via email within a few days. I paid for the repair ($12.50 plus shipping) via credit card on the website and my repaired waders showed up today. All told it took 10 days to get it done and, including shipping, it cost about $40 to get a good set of waders back in action. All in all outstanding customer service on some great waders.
Rich

kylgrn
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for this, I have been procrastinating sending mine in for repair.

wwpool
08-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I have sent a pair into Simms before and had great service ...fast and reasonable.

Slice
08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
I posted a month or so back on my good experience. If your clumsy enough, like me, to take a spill and rip them within the first year they fix them for free. Sometimes paying a premium saves you in the long run.

Jim

Rich Morrison
08-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Very true Jim - with Simms waders you really do get what you pay for.

pvsprme
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
I lost the sole on a pair of their lightweight feltsole boots (by Keene) that were 4+ years old. Sent them in and as they no longer carry them I was credited full retail on a new pair of my choice. I got them for 50% off on closeout on-line and didn't have a receipt. Yeah, I'm impressed.