PDA

View Full Version : Pardee and Mokelumne Fishing

Magic
08-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Has anyone fished below Pardee Dam...I looked on Google Maps and it looked like good access and some white waters? not sure what road to take but near Valley Springs.

Also, the Mokelumne near the fish hatchery...how is that doing these days (am before the party tubers)?
thanks...~magic

Sammy
08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't really fish the moke anymore but i'm bored tonight. Giants need to score.

I would imagine that it's probably pretty over grown with algae at this point and not worth fishing. At least, that's what it looked like when I stopped for a look the other day on my way to tahoe. (from the bridge though)

El Rey
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I fished the Moke below the hatchery a few weeks ago. It's in fairly decent shape with algae galore. You can catch fish--they're in there. Very small dries work when there is surface action; otherwise use nymphs. But there are also lots of families with small, and big, kids splashing around in the water. Nice way to cool off on a hot day.

Cheers,
Harlan

Magic
08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the update guys. It is a bit of travel to rivers from Bay Area so it is good to get a first hand update.
Best! ~magic