PDA

View Full Version : ROI on the American with Andy Guibord

JAWallace
08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Last night another board member and I did a 2 hour float with Andy Guibord on the American for Stripers. Andy's fee for a 2 hour float is $120 for 2 anglers.

I cannot imagine a better way to spend $60. The last time we floated the river we zipped through a dozen spots where this time Andy held the boat while we casted to waters where he explained would hold fish and why and under what conditions.

We ended up with only one small stripe and lost three better ones, but given the conditions and that our focus was on learning rather than catching we were elated with the trip and agreed that Andy's counsel saved us a good two seasons of learning.

Andy's a different kind of guide. He's a bottom up teacher. He starts with the forage, then the habitat, and relates that to the specific target waters and why or why not it's worth a cast.

If you don't have a boat and want to give the AR stripes a battle, take the 4 hour run. If you have a boat and want to learn more about your home waters in 2 hours than you can learn in days on your own, Andy's 2 hour float is the deal of the decade.

Thanks, Andy! Looking forward to more trips and good times.

John

590Mike
08-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the successful reports ! I have to work late tonight, and being married to the "boss", going home "sick" isn't going to work.
Now is the time to pray for a cancellation !