PDA

View Full Version : First hatch report 8-5-12

Hatch
08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
On the American River this morning with 3 clients ! Pretty crowded but they took turns and made it work. Newbies to striper fishing, but veteran trout anglers from Idaho, Ed and Sue with son in law and regular on my boat Randy W. hit the water early at 0-dark thirty. We found very few fish (3) one a piece , and lots of other fly rods on the water (11). Thats what you get when you fish on the weekends. On my boat they were all great casters and had good attitudes which despite poor catching made for a nice morning. Randy Made probably 25 casts the entire morning but managed to find one nice one. Good job R.W.
Time to start prepping for Baja !!!

Rockman
08-06-2012, 11:43 AM
We were two of those flyrodders who also had trouble finding fish yesterday. We also started at dark and fished till 1 p.m.
It was my friend Jamies first time flyfishing for stripers, he did get one shaker that put up a great fight, that's all it took, he wants to go again. Drifted from Watt, all the way down to the Cap. city overcrossing. I only had two grabs. Still a great day on the water.
We saw you go buy, I was in the burgandy Fish-rite below Paradise Beach.
Here is a photo of Jamie hooked up & happy.
His first striper.

Hatch
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
He is probably ruined for life now. I hope he has lots of money and no family because the "Striper Addiction" will take over big time.:D
HATCH

winxp_man
08-07-2012, 04:08 PM
He is probably ruined for life now. I hope he has lots of money and no family because the "Striper Addiction" will take over big time.:D
HATCH

Hahahaha good thing I'm not married yet. I just got two sage flight rods and now need to buy a set of lamson guru reels.... The addiction is bad :D

Rockman
08-07-2012, 10:32 PM
If your gonna have one, fishing is the best.
Addicted at age 3.
My trucks lic. plate.
Love (with a heart) TA FSH.
All good God loving fisherman go to heaven.
What a wonderfull sport we share, and the power & pleasure of releasing a beautiful fish.
Amen to the flyfishing addiction.

Rockman