PDA

View Full Version : First time bass fly fishing.....

winxp_man
08-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey guys just got back for Bear River out of Camp Far West Res and will say it was super blast! It was my first time fly fishing for bass. I started with dries and got a few then threw on a green and yellow popper that was to big for my 5wt rod and line. I managed to get a nice grab but it was hard to cast. Then I cut it off and tied on a white and black spotted one that was the only mid size popper that I could cast with no problems. I cast and boom Largys one after another. Then I looked up river in this nice brush over hang and sent the line right in. (could not have cast better if I wanted to) The minute I tugged the line and the first pop goes into motion boommm the battle begins!!! :D

At first the Largy was coming in pretty easy then it starts going nuts and all over the place. I then managed to pull it in and it was a nice 4 pounder!!!!! :D first bass this big on a fly rod and it was a blast. Only thing I hate is not having a camera that is small and compact for outdoor photos. I have a Sony but to big to take and I didnt have my iPhone with me. Really wish I could have taken a few to share with you guys. But I guess the writing will have to do until I go again and hope to have a camera with me! :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-04-2012, 11:57 PM
What kind of bass?

winxp_man
08-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Just regular Large Mouth Bass.

I named them Largys hehehe

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Nice....thanks.....