PDA

View Full Version : A/R last night

Frank Roepke
08-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Mike and I went out last night, 6:00 to 9:00pm. Launch at Howe and made two runs from the Pump house past Hst bridge, struck out. I didn't even see chasers after my fly. Then headed up and made two runs from Watt island down to Howe island. Same as below, nothing. Threw several flies, first deep then finished up on top for the last 30 mins. This is the first strike out I had in the last 4 outings. So far we catch more fish launching at Disco and heading up, but the biggest was from Howe.
Bryce and I are heading out Sunday 5:00am, not sure what section to hit, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

Andy Guibord
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I would try the upper to middle section, or Rossmore to Gristmill.

Tony Buzolich
08-02-2012, 11:00 PM
That's a bummer to be fishing choice water and strike out but have you looked at the moon lately? I usually get up around 3:30-4:00am and it's like a giant spotlight out there. I have no doubt that they're feeding under the moonlight.
Tony

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-03-2012, 08:52 AM
I am a big believer in the full moon negatively effecting 'some' fisheries.

The Lower American River is very clear and very smooth so feeding at night on a full moon should be very good for those Stripers.........

winxp_man
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM
That's a bummer to be fishing choice water and strike out but have you looked at the moon lately? I usually get up around 3:30-4:00am and it's like a giant spotlight out there. I have no doubt that they're feeding under the moonlight.
Tony

+ 10000

Tony you are right. I used to fish at night in some areas of the Sac River for sturgeon and when the moon was out not one bite or strike. It was very rare. Now this is the Sac. Imagine the American and how Bill stated how clear it is! That will let the stripers eat very good.