PDA

View Full Version : Boston whaler Nauset

Mr T
08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
1969 Boston Whaler Nauset. Motor is a 1990 Evinrude 88 SPL, rebuilt in 2004, by Helmut’s marine in San Rafael approx 200 hours on rebuild, with a Viper stainless steel prop. 2002 Nissan 4 stroke 6 hp kicker. New fuel tank in 2007, Moeller 26 gallon, Raymarine A65 GPS/chartplotter with Navionics silver chip, Minn Kota Terrova 55# 12V trolling motor on a custom mount. Standard Horizon GX1500S VHF with shakespeare antenna EZ Loader trailer in excellent shape, about 5 years old, with great tires and bearings.
New water pump, thermostats, head and head cover gaskets installed this season Solid compression at 120-125 across all four cylinders.
I put the current console on her about 3 months ago, and still have the original mahogany one as well, also have the original front rail for the buyer if desired.
Been all over the place in this boat, taken it out the gate a few times, bay, bodega, delta, lakes, rivers. Hell it’s a whaler. She’ll go damn near anywhere, shallow or deep and get ya home.
I added the trolling motor and casting deck for striper fishing, and it has been a great setup. The best part to me is the fact that you can easily go back to the original setup any time.
Asking price is 5000. Boat is located in northern CA.

I have started a new job that requires me to drive close to 90 miles a day- my current tow vehicle gets a lofty 14.4 mpg, so it puts me in need of a better mileage car.
I'm willing to discuss trade offers for a good commuter car, that gets at or around 30 mpg or so in the $4000-5000 value range.

here is a link to photos of the boat in the current configuration.
http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t495/mrt46/Nauset%20Photos/

Mr T
12-28-2012, 09:12 AM
A shameless bump to find a commuter car.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Those old Boston Whalers are very famous well made boats....

You will see them all over the US and even in other countrys.