PDA

View Full Version : Flea Market Find

Jaybinder
07-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I went to the Capitol Flea Market today to look for a router. Didn't find one but the trip wasn't a waste of time.

I found a Pflueger "Medalist" reel. I paid $15. After searching the web it looks like I got a good deal. It's a model 1495DA made in 1972. The only problem is it's RHW. I found some good info here and on www.flyanglersonline.com

Maybe next time I'll find an old Hardy.

Jason

Mike O
07-28-2012, 01:54 AM
I went to the Capitol Flea Market today to look for a router. Didn't find one but the trip wasn't a waste of time.

I found a Pflueger "Medalist" reel. I paid $15. After searching the web it looks like I got a good deal. It's a model 1495DA made in 1972. The only problem is it's RHW. I found some good info here and on www.flyanglersonline.com

Maybe next time I'll find an old Hardy.

Jason

You can fix them for LHW with parts from www.onepfoot.com. Some later reels, possibly yours can be switched to LHW by flipping the little round washer/plate under the spindle.

Scott V
07-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I use RHW reels. Just saying :)

Jaybinder
07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I use RHW reels. Just saying :)

Show me all of your secret spots on the silver fork and it's yours.

Scott V
07-30-2012, 07:52 AM
No secrets, just park at mile marker 3 and start fishing and hiking upstream until the sun goes down. Then climb up to the road and walk back to your car. That is one of my favorite spots to fish.