PDA

View Full Version : First Hatch Report 7-26-12

Hatch
07-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Hit the A.R. this morning with visiting angler Tony D, from Marietta, GA. We put in early and found a few decent fish to play with but it was the slowest day in 5 weeks or so. Beautiful morning with almost no one else on the river. The fish ate one of Charlie B's Spot-on-Shad pattern fly's.
HATCH

Tony
08-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Mr Hatch,

That could be the best looking fisherman I have ever seen. Yes, that includes Brad Pitt and his cane pole, er Tenkara.

I caught 15 a couple of days ago up to 13 lb. on the Chattahoochee south of Atlanta-11 in a boat early in the day in a boat and 4 late in the day wading.

Hatch
08-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Yea Tony,
I only guide celebrities and beautiful people ! :---) Welcome to the Board and glad you are getting after e'm in Georgia.
Take it easy. Hope you can make it out in the spring.
HATCH

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Looks like good fishing to me.....thanks guys.

Tony
08-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Hatch,

i went out form about 6:30 to dark (8:30 here) last wednesday after work.

Anyway, i caught 5 . the two big ones were 36" which was real fat and anohter at 43".

I do not carry a Boga grip while wading. I estimate weight of the 36" at 21-22 lbs b/c of its "fatness"

the 43" had more of a normal build so I put that one at 31-32lbs. After a huge run it fought a lot like a grouper. I think my line may have been underneath something for about 15 minutes of the fight.

Do you think those are probably fairly accurate weights (without having girth measurements)?

Incidently, a buddy that casts at an instructor level is helping me straighten out my casting stroke. Hopefully, standing to my left will not give you welts on your head the next time we go fishing.

Hope all is going well