PDA

View Full Version : Any thought to accepting PayPal in store?

bassakwards
07-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Hey Bill, I've noticed that some stores like Home Dept now accept Paypal in store. Sure would help out if I could use my supper secret funds in store. :unibrow:

DFrink
07-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Haha, you're married too? Just kidding, but that's funny.

Hey Bill, I've noticed that some stores like Home Dept now accept Paypal in store. Sure would help out if I could use my supper secret funds in store. :unibrow:

Jed Peters
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Get a paypal credit/debit card. Works for me.

joshfish
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
What Jed said. Just order a PayPal credit/debit card. It only takes a few minutes and it's free to do.

bassakwards
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM
then when my wife goes to get receipts out of my wallet or the insurance card from the glove compartment box, she will say what is this?

Jed Peters
07-26-2012, 01:12 PM
then when my wife goes to get receipts out of my wallet or the insurance card from the glove compartment box, she will say what is this?

You are going to have to work that one out buddy.

Mike O
07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Plus you have to beat her to the mail to get the card...as far as receipts...that is what empty paint cans in the garage are for

aaron
07-30-2012, 11:24 PM
No, as losing an extra %3 on sales isn't all that appealing.

BobVP
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
I think this is the best argument to not use PayNo-Friend-of-Mine...the rates they charge for their service. I get dinged around 10% because I am just a small time user. I use it only because I sell fishing stuff on ebay (and a few things here). I always offer the buyer the option of sending a check just to cut down on the loss. When I buy things I always try to use a credit card to help the seller's profit margin a little.

All that said, I have enjoyed the humor of this thread...

aaron
07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
You're right probably closer to %10 with the amount of use it would get. With short margins and expensive freight that doesn't leave much left over.

NCL
07-31-2012, 11:35 AM
From a purchaser's point of view the biggest advantage I see with PayPal is the buyers protection when puchasing from an unknown party. I don't see much advantage for a store when the buyer can return the item or at least talk with someone if there is a problem. But when you are buying from the classified or EBay you are taking a chance with your money. It seems like every month or so on one of the fly fishing boards classified there is an entry about someone who burned on a reel or rod.

bassakwards
08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of Paypal I think they do overcharge, But I think for a vendor the transaction fee would not be that much different than for Credit cards. Just a guess.