PDA

View Full Version : My awesome wife

joshfish
07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
A few weeks ago I was given a 4wt Winston rod. I was saving money to buy a reel and line. I came home from work today and my wife says can we talk. I ask her what about and she hands me a bag. I open it and to my surprise she went and bought my reel and line for me. She is so awesome. Now I need to go do some dry fly fishing this weekend.

luckydude
07-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Been some awesome wives around lately. Did you see the pick/story of the one on Owens?

oldtrout
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Does she have any single sisters?

joshfish
07-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Luckydude, yeah I saw that post. Great picture.
Oldtrout, sorry her sister is already taken.

Reno Flytyer
07-19-2012, 09:52 PM
You're lucky...I haven't talked with my wife in two weeks...I'm afraid to interrupt her! I told her I was going to fish this Saturday...she said "You fished last Saturday". I said, "Geez sweetheart, even the garbage goes out once a week." You are so lucky.
RFT

Mike R
07-20-2012, 11:08 AM
You're lucky...I haven't talked with my wife in two weeks...I'm afraid to interrupt her! I told her I was going to fish this Saturday...she said "You fished last Saturday". I said, "Geez sweetheart, even the garbage goes out once a week." You are so lucky.
RFT

Priceless...can you recommend any good campgrounds after I try that one on my wife?

Scott V
07-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Just remember to return the generosity to her when she is least suspecting it.

WadeK
07-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I came home from work today and my wife says can we talk. I ask her what about...

So, how bad is the damage to the car/house/creditcards/bank account?
I figure it had to be something, as the last time something like that happened to me I was still married and the truck had just been parked 1/4 of the way into the bedroom. :eek: :crybaby:

joshfish
07-20-2012, 06:05 PM
no damage to anything. she just sees how hard i work. after bills were paid we had some extra money so she just wanted to show how much she loves me.

Ed Wahl
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Joshfish, welcome to the Lucky Brethren Club.

First rule, 'Never talk about the Lucky Brethren Club'.

Those others will cut our throats at the first opportunity.

Relish what you have Bro.

Ed

Joe Mateas
07-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Pretty cool, it's like pulling teeth to get my Fiance to buy me fishing gear for birthdays or holidays, to buy fishing gear just to be nice....unheard of. But atleast she doesn't complain about my fishing trips or the money I spend on boats/gear/trips, so I feel very lucky in that respect. Especially when I hear my buddy's wives/girlfrineds complain about the one or two days a year when they're given a pass to go with me. Sounds like you have a good catch, don't let that one get away.

joshfish
07-20-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't have any issues getting fishing stuff for birthdays or Christmas. She knows she can't go wrong with a gift card to a fly shop. But those are kind of a given. This one was totally out of the blue and unexpected. that's what made it so awesome. Plus I'm going to go fish the new rod on the upper sac tomorrow.

Adam Grace
07-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Joshfish, Congratulations! Cool Wife!

Reno - you made me laugh so hard that I may have awaken my sleeping roommate LMFAO!!!

EricO
07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Cool Josh....go get 'em...report back on your USac outing. I think it's an early morning
late evening thing there now.

I missed my "prime" window in mid/late June.

But Fall's a comin'!

EO

Bob Loblaw
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Who gave you the Winston rod and how awesome is she??? :p

joshfish
07-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Bob, the Winston was given to me by a good customer of mine. It's an older tmf 4wt.

joshfish
07-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Eo, ended up not fishing the upper sac. Took my son up to hat creek. Hoping to hit the upper sac one day these week after work for an evening fish.

EricO
07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Cool. I need to take my 15 year old there...the wading is fairly straight forward,
as opposed to the Pit...gulp.

EO