PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth area is fishing great

Ben Kobrin
07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Just got back from a week in Mammoth. This was a family vacation and with a 2 and a 4 year old fishing wasn't the focus, but I was able to sneak out for a few hours here and there. Hot Creek, the Upper Owens and several small lakes all fished well. Water is low and clear but the fish were hungry.

This year we went with another family and we traded "date nights". We watched their kids for an evening while they went on a date, and they reciprocated. My wife's idea of a date was a picnic dinner and fishing till dark...is there any doubt about why I love her? Here's my wife fishing a bend on the Upper Owens at sunset on our "date".

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/lazychuck1/a9244285.jpg

-Ben

jbird
07-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Epic photo Ben! Very moody. I LOVE it!

Dave Neal
07-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Great to hear you had a good time along the Eastside. Your photos are always super cool. Cheers!

luckydude
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Just got back from a week in Mammoth. This was a family vacation and with a 2 and a 4 year old fishing wasn't the focus, but I was able to sneak out for a few hours here and there. Hot Creek, the Upper Owens and several small lakes all fished well. Water is low and clear but the fish were hungry.

This year we went with another family and we traded "date nights". We watched their kids for an evening while they went on a date, and they reciprocated. My wife's idea of a date was a picnic dinner and fishing till dark...is there any doubt about why I love her? Here's my wife fishing a bend on the Upper Owens at sunset on our "date".

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/lazychuck1/a9244285.jpg

-Ben

Up until I saw that picture I was willing to stack my wife up against anyone as the best wife ever. I still am, she rocks (I'm a pain in the ass and she still loves me), but wow, that is an awesome picture and an awesome wife. Appreciate that.

For those who have not been to Mammoth, may I suggest that you stay at Snow Creek? We've been there multiple times, it's a nice place and there is a creek that runs through it that you can fish.