PDA

View Full Version : 7/11 Truckee

Chapulin5151
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Good day all. Thought I would share a great experience with y'all. Went up to the Truckee yesterday afternoon with two great friends for the evening hatch. I still consider my self a novice, as I only have a a year and a half of fly fishing under my belt, so the Truckee kind of intimidated me alittle. I've heard stories of the Truckee making men cry, but I decided to hit it head on. Boy, was I not disappointed. In all, we spent 3 hours in the Truckee. I ended up with 1 (and my first) Brown and 2 'bows; all on a nymph. I probably missed many more due to my thinking every little twitch "was just the bottom", but I'll get them next time. My buddy Ricardo missed 5 in the time we were near eachother, but ended up brining in two afterwards. Ed, he missed a few as well, but put me directly over the second 'Bow. after only two casts. All in all, I had a great time. Oh, and to top it off, as we were packing it up around 9 pm, I see (another first) a friggen wild black bear no more than 40 yards from us. Scared the crap out of me.

EricO
07-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice Chapulin!! That river is tough whether you're a novice or not. Had my share of skunks there (guides on this forum not included) ;)

It's also very hatch driven...so if you can figure that out, that's half the fun. Now I'm jonesin to get back up there. Wet wading two weeks ago felt good.

Good report.

Eric