PDA

View Full Version : Silver Fork - Lost net

DFrink
07-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Lost my landing net yesterday. If anyone finds a Hendrix Outdoors rubber landing net and wants to get it back to its owner I would greatly appreciate it.

Dan

P.S. The fishing was very good!

neil
07-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Going up tonight. Give me an idea of where to look and I'll even make a special effort. PM is fine.

DFrink
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
It's upstream from China Flat campground probably a mile or two. I parked, hiked down stream towards the campground and than fished back up to where I parked. It will probably be by the river, since I had it when I started fishing. Had to pick up my son, so I didn't have time to hike back and look for it. If you happen to see it great, if not enjoy the fishing.

Dan

Going up tonight. Give me an idea of where to look and I'll even make a special effort. PM is fine.

Woodman
07-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Wish I could help. I lost mine on the Middle Fork Feather below the LaPorte bridge. It's a rubberized measure net. I have the hardest time keeping track of nets. The magnetic holder is very convenient, but I think I need a retractor next time...

DFrink
07-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Yup. This is the second net I have lost (I now have two "half" magnetic connectors of the same polarization). When I get my next net (or by some stroke of luck this one turns up) I will be using a leash as well for the added security.

Wish I could help. I lost mine on the Middle Fork Feather below the LaPorte bridge. It's a rubberized measure net. I have the hardest time keeping track of nets. The magnetic holder is very convenient, but I think I need a retractor next time...

neil
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Sorry DFrink, no net. Just lots and lots of happy 'bows.:D

I spotted one fish upstream of China Flat that made my heart race, as it was bigger than anything I've seen in that crik. It must have been a planter, because I pulled two other fish out of that hole on drys, and he wasn't interested. Finally fished a nymph under a bobicator and he tried to eat the float! Must have looked like hatchery food. Anybody have a fly pattern for Powerbait?

Jed Peters
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Yup. This is the second net I have lost (I now have two "half" magnetic connectors of the same polarization). When I get my next net (or by some stroke of luck this one turns up) I will be using a leash as well for the added security.

How did it go with your boy?

Was it like I said it'd be?

Sammy
07-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I tend to pick the path of most resistance when tromping around to fish. Learned early that having a cord attached to the magnet ends saves me at least one net a trip.

DFrink
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Jed,

He didn't get to come on this trip, he had a birthday party with his cousin at pre school that he wanted to go to so Dad went alone. I did take him out trolling in the kayak last weekend, he liked it (for about 30 minutes). Streams are in the future...

Dan

How did it go with your boy?

Was it like I said it'd be?

robdog
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I was up by the Girard junction yesterday & I didn't see it. TBH I only went a .5 miles from the bridge on Girard Rd.

DFrink
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks all of you who looked, much appreciated. You all have good karma coming your way.

Bob Loblaw
07-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry DFrink, no net. Just lots and lots of happy 'bows.:D

I spotted one fish upstream of China Flat that made my heart race, as it was bigger than anything I've seen in that crik. It must have been a planter, because I pulled two other fish out of that hole on drys, and he wasn't interested. Finally fished a nymph under a bobicator and he tried to eat the float! Must have looked like hatchery food. Anybody have a fly pattern for Powerbait?

Dont laugh. The Cabelas catalog has a "pellet" fly pattern.