PDA

View Full Version : 5 Dot/ getting down

cproto
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I just got back from my second 5 Dot Stillwater clinic put on by Doug Ouellete and Rob Anderson. I attended last years clinic as well. In a word I can say the clinic was outstanding. The fishing, the quality of the fish caught, food, instruction and visiting with other fishermen was great. The time I spent this weekend Friday to Sunday provided me with techniques that I will be able to take anywhere I fish stillwaters. Last year I became aware of Doug’s nodicator technique. I was attracted to it because I prefer to fish stillwaters without an indicator and as everyone is aware Chironomids are the most important food item within productive stillwaters. Also I enjoy becoming better at using my hands to detect fish licking or grabing the fly. This weekend I was able to further develop my skill level on this technique. The clinic was a value for me because for the price of a singled guided trip I got a whole weekend of fishing learning and visiting with fellow anglers. Thanks Doug and Rob for putting together such a great value.

aaron
07-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the report Carlo, bummed I had to opt out at the last minute. Hopefully next year.

Bull_Dog
07-09-2012, 06:14 PM
What a great weekend! It was really fun hanging out with Terry from Kiene's and some of his fishing buddies. Doug and I really had a great time with everyone. It is so interesting to see some of the same people time after time at these events and watch them get to fish different conditions. We had a great opportunity to do some very different things this time. Fishing Damsels in 2 feet of water with a floating line and a long leader was awesome. "Floater no Cater" rigs in 12-18 feet was also working and midging with the deep line "DCA" rig. It is great when the conditions allow us to teach a bunch of different things in one outing. We still have some openings for our September outing. The fishing should be awesome as the weather cools and the Callabaetis and Termites get active again.

Thanks again Carlo for attending and sharing some more stories. We really enjoy your company and you are welcome anytime.

Rob Anderson

caniretireyet?
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi Rob
please pm or email me with the info on September.
I need another dose of this.

Steve