PDA

View Full Version : Sage Introduces Circa Fly Rod for 2013

Dave E.
07-09-2012, 07:41 AM
See: http://www.sageflyfish.com/blog/06/2012/new-circa-fly-rod/

“My goal for this rod was to apply the performance advantages of modern materials on a very sleek, slender shaft that would load down in the hand for a fishing tempo like glass, or bamboo while providing the crucial need for accuracy.” Notes Sage Chief Fly Rod Designer, Jerry Siem. “The CIRCA is a rod that, once it’s in your hands, enables you to improve as an angler by identifying where, why and how you can put a fly on the water. The CIRCA is definitely going to bring new life into the sport of trout fishing.”

Enjoy, Dave

aaron
07-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Played with the 590, prety sweet. Much softer than anything Sage currently offers. Very cool trout stick.

Jed Peters
07-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Wow, 750ish for a single purpose production built trout stick?

Yikes. Oh well. I wonder what the diff between this and the TXL-F is though?

They both seem to be doing the same things?

I think the 499 wins tons (graphite series) are supposed to do the same things....

OceanSunfish
07-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Sounds pretty intriguing.....

Given the ridiculous accumulation and resale prices for the venerable 389 LL, it will be interesting to see the impact "CIRCA" will have on the used LL market. For example, a NIT 389LL fetched $585 on ebay this past week.....

As an aside, when asked, Sage said that there wasn't demand for the 389LL to support putting that rod back into manufacturing..... BS. I think that's code for: We can't sell the 389LL (1990's recipe) for $750.

OceanSunfish
07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Jed Peters wrote:Wow, 750ish for a single purpose production built trout stick?

I surmise you didn't see the segment featuring Greg Norman and his "cabin in the woods" along side a trout stream in Colorado. (The GolfChannel David Feherty Show) His fishing "shack" along the river was healthly stocked with $750 rods, etc.

I've been a Sage consumer for two decades, but I am questioning if I am still in their demographic.

aaron
07-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Sounds pretty intriguing.....

Given the ridiculous accumulation and resale prices for the venerable 389 LL, it will be interesting to see the impact "CIRCA" will have on the used LL market. For example, a NIT 389LL fetched $585 on ebay this past week.....

As an aside, when asked, Sage said that there wasn't demand for the 389LL to support putting that rod back into manufacturing..... BS. I think that's code for: We can't sell the 389LL (1990's recipe) for $750.

It for sure is reminiscent of an LL but much lighter and better tracking. I think the LL, G series, WT crowd will be all over these rods.

And believe it or not Jed there a lot of folks who only trout fish.

Dave E.
07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow, 750ish for a single purpose production built trout stick?

I surmise you didn't happen to see the segment featuring Greg Norman and his "cabin in the woods" along side a trout stream in Colorado. His fishing "shack" along the river was ambly stocked with $750 rods, etc.

I've been a Sage consumer for two decades, but I am questioning if I am still in their demographic.

Gentlemen,

A week in Montana with my old trusty, or a week at Rancho Seco with the Back to the Future.

The choice is clear.

aaron
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM
The choice is clear.

Don't knock what you haven't tried. And please withhold the scathing emails to the reps/manufacturers.

DAVID95670
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
And believe it or not Jed there a lot of folks who only trout fish.

I tried shad this year aka the dead weight ..... trying to fish outside of trout ... maybe stripers next ....

I agree with someone else who questions if they are still in the sage demographic love and used nothing but sage but i see TFO and St Croix in the trunk next to my new sage .... hmmm

I loved my 486-3 vps too bad i broke it ...... then again they upgraded it for a song to the "one"

I am hunting around online they really do hold their values esp the LL's