PDA

View Full Version : lake almanor lodging

luckyt
07-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Planning a trip to the lake in August or September for some fly fishing. Looking for a reasonably priced place to stay. Any recommendations? I will have a boat in tow so I need either docking or anchoring ability on the water or room enough where staying to park trailer with boat.

Would prefer to stay on the west side but if not, will stay anywhere decent. Would like to rent a house if possible, but if not will look at all possibilities.

Dan Blanton
07-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I stayed at Plumas Pines Resort a couple of years ago. My wife and I and our dog, Fisher stayed in one of their cabins with full kitchen and two bedrooms. It was very nice, all we needed but not plush. I rented a slip for my boat at their marina for 6 days. We had a blast.

I hope Bill or his moderator doesn't mind my redirecting you to an article I wrote for my website BB a couple of years ago - but all the details are there:

www.danblanton.com/viewarchive.php?id=144961&archivefile=/arch201009.php

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Dan

We love you posting anything on our message board.

I know it would be good and always helpful.

Thanks Old Buddy.

BillB
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
If you're into camping Big Cove Resort is nice. I have stayed at Almanor Lakeside Resort also. It has it's own slips, dock and ramp. A couple of years ago I took our family, total of 9 daughters, husbands and grand kids, to the lake and rented a house in the Country Club. Fantastic and a very nice, almost new, house to stay in. No slips, at least that I know of, but when you rent in the Country Club you are afforded the use of the facilities such as ramps, docks play grounds and beaches.

RJSFLYTRIP
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
My wife and I will be heading up there tomorrow to celebrate our 6 year wedding aniversary. We have stayed at the Bidwell house in Chester a couple of times and have loved it. Its not over the top expensive but a great place to stay if you are looking for something cozy for the family.

Dan Blanton
07-02-2012, 10:35 AM
If you're into camping Big Cove Resort is nice. I have stayed at Almanor Lakeside Resort also. It has it's own slips, dock and ramp. A couple of years ago I took our family, total of 9 daughters, husbands and grand kids, to the lake and rented a house in the Country Club. Fantastic and a very nice, almost new, house to stay in. No slips, at least that I know of, but when you rent in the Country Club you are afforded the use of the facilities such as ramps, docks play grounds and beaches.

Thanks Bill! I didn't think you would mind. This is the first time I've posted but I will more often when I have something to offer.

I see you've been enjoying traveling in with your new RV. Happy for your guys. Continue to enjoy the roving and fishing.

Dan

Dan Blanton
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi Dan

We love you posting anything on our message board.

I know it would be good and always helpful.

Thanks Old Buddy.

Hi Bill,

I think I posted my reply to the wrong Bill - Sorry, I'll get it right next time...

Dan

Woodman
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM
We found a nice house on VRBO a few years ago, on the peninsula with a dock for $1300 a week. Worth a look.

Bruce Slightom
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
North Shore Campground has houses for rent. I have never stayed there but have friends that have and they have a boat ramp and docks.

http://www.northshorecampground.com/