PDA

View Full Version : Davis Reports?

Rockman
06-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Fished Davis two weeks ago, curious if its still good in the shallows, or have they gone deep. Can anyone chime in?
Thanks
Rockman

Troutstalker55B
06-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Water temps 65 degrees, some fish in the shallows but most are in )6-12 feet of water. Some active pods are rising to blood midges in 18-22 feet of water. Damsels are weak, but fish are still keying in on them. Parasites are thick on many fish. Evenings are starting to be productive. Get it now, the good fishing will be done soon and it will be a first and last light game. Looking forward to the great fall fishing that Lake Davis is known for!

Jon.

EricW
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Was out there yesterday (7/1) and had a decent day off Jenkins point just wind drifting around. I fished a marabou damsel below a scruffy shipmans or soldier palmer most of the day (only 1 hit on the surface). Never felt like I was really on them but it was working well enough I didn't change a ton. Like Jon says had the best luck in deeper water a little beyond the shelves. Ended up with 5 or 6, losing a handful (a couple dove down into the weeds), and several missed. My buddy had 1 to hand with a few lost and many missed but I think had a hard time keeping tight to the flies from the boat. Good strong fish about 14-16" with a few a bit bigger, one or two were kind of clean but most had the copopods (sp?).

edit: It was gorgeous out there! and had a new wildlife spotting :) two wild turkeys in one of those long meadow lanes on the west side. Had no idea they were in the area.