PDA

View Full Version : Indian Creek

RenoLipRipper
06-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Got a few, warm to hot, get there early for best results.

loose_shoes
06-29-2012, 09:21 AM
I was there last weekend. The wind was FIERCE!!! On Saturday, the only thing I could do was put my tube in at one end and just go with the wind to the other end and then hike back. I was the only one dumb enough to go out on the lake that day. That said, the catching was OK. I didn't hook into double-digit numbers or enormous fish but everything I caught was really spunky. They jumped the moment they were hooked and usually a few more times before I got them to hand. After a few hours of fighting the rollers out there I decided to go out and tangle my leaders on the Carson and some of the smaller creeks.

Sunday morning the wind had died down. I got out early and caught a few right away. As the sun got on the water the bite slowed down to almost nothing. Just the little guys were out and about. The wind picked up again by mid-morning. I was done for the weekend.

A family in a campsite near mine went home and left a huge amount of trash all around their campsite. I cleaned it up as I packed my stuff. The horrific nastiness they left in the firepit was beyond my ability to deal with. I felt bad that the campground host was going to have contend with it. As I as picking up their trash I discovered a couple of big fish (bigger than anything I had caught) that they had tossed into the bushes. The fish had been cleaned but uneaten.

Awesome, guys. Way to go!