PDA

View Full Version : First Hatch Report - 6-26-12

Hatch
06-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Shad-Shmad
I had a striper trip planned for this morning but my client wanted to do a shad trip this evening instead. I decided to call Bryce T from Beula Fly Rods and see if he could sneak out for an early morning try. He said yes-yes, so off we went. Put in at Howe and headed up river to a spot that I thought might have a few of my favorite fish waiting for us. It took 15 minutes or so but we started getting bit. Bryce was chucking the PoleDancer and I was going deep. I hooked a few schoolies and B.T. had one blow up-missed fish and one follow. We moved a few times until we found a section that held a nice group and we took turns casting and catching for two hours. Bryce is a great caster and an even nicer guy and we had a blast taking turns catching eager, hard fighting fish of all sizes. I freaking love Striper fishing !! We ended up with 24 fish to the boat a few doubles and many other missed grabs. Oh yea and I caught a fat girl that almost bottomed out my 25# Boga on a Olive colored Pike Minnow imitation that I tied. Great - Great morning.
Thanks Bryce
HATCH

mar
06-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Man, what a toad! Nice job Hatch!

Darian
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
You guys had a very good morning. The big girl is a fatty alright.... :nod:

Bryce Tedford
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Stripers in crystal clear water on the American River in Sacramento CA, who would have thunk it! Had an incredible morning with Maury Hatch, one heck of guide & just a great all around dude! If anyone wants to go Striper or Shad fishing in Nor Cal, I would highly reccomend using Maury as your guide, he has the area absolutely dialed in & is a pleasure to share the water with!!

Thanks alot Maury, I am already dreaming of my next time out with you!

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::f ish::fish:

Joe Mateas
06-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Nice fish Maury! Looks like you guys had a great day.

Frank Roepke
06-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Awesoe Day Maury!!! Bryce is a great guy to fish with.

Frank

Terry Thomas
06-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Great job Maury! Now Brice needs to get one of those two handers in your hands.

Jed Peters
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Holy macaroni...that's a PIG!

Mark Kranhold
06-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Nice going Maury & Bryce! What a way to start the day....Maury that there is a chunky cole medina!:D

winxp_man
06-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Looked like one heck of a trip :D and some really nice sized stripers there!