PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's Pump Today

JAWallace
06-25-2012, 03:50 PM
My daughter had business in Yuba City and I asked her to stop off at Boyd's to see how the traffic was on the river. She said not a boat in sight nor a car in the lot. What's up? I don't know the Feather so maybe this is normal?

Tony Buzolich
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Local,

You didn't happen to mention what time it was when she stopped by. A lot of guys like myself get on the water early and leave early too. A lot of times I'm home by 9:00AM.

The other new thing there is the toll box. Sutter county has planned on charging for launching, and or parking?, at all of the boat ramps. They have installed brand new toll boxes at several ramps already and I'm sure they will do all of them Live Oak to Tisdale.

I don't believe they're in operation yet but obviously they soon will be. I plan on getting a season pass but maybe this just might keep some of the low life out from breaking into car windows and such.
Tony

JAWallace
07-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Thank you, Tony. You're right, this was late afternoon. I like fee based ramps and access because as you said it can keep some of the knuckleheads out. ~John

OceanSunfish
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately "knuckleheads" can still drive into parking areas and do their handy work...... I am the point where a gate and key system is my preference.... I know of one ramp that operates in this manner...... It is nice too.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
The Shad are usually further up river by this time of year.

There should be some up near Oroville.

Tony Buzolich
07-07-2012, 10:50 AM
You're right Bill. They've been at the Thermolito outlet for the a couple of months now. I don't know if they ever go up the low-flow area but I don't see why they wouldn't. For several weeks now they've been letting a lot of extra water out through the low-flow and I bet some would actually head that way too.
Tony